Today, Apple launched a small upgrade to iOS 12.
iOS 12.0.1 repairs a handful of early bugs users confronted with September 17’s significant release, most significantly issues with WiFi connection and charging on brand-new iPhones.
Some users of the freshly launched iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max found slower WiFi speeds than anticipated on their brand-new gadgets. After digging deeper, users likewise found that the iPhone XS in some cases signed up with Wi-Fi networks that were readily available in both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands in 2.4 GHz although the phones support 5GHz.
There was likewise an problem with Lightning charging; some iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max phones stopped working to start charging when linked to their source of power through the Lightning port up until after the screen was switched on. We did not experience these problems when examining the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, however they ought to now be solved for users who did, a lot of whom had actually required to Apple and device online forums to share their experiences.
The upgrade furthermore moves the position of the “.?123” secret on the iPad virtual keyboard back to where it is anticipated to be, repairs an issue with subtitles in specific video applications, and repairs a bug that triggered Bluetooth to end up being not available.
If you desire all of it in Apple’s words, the business’s release notes are listed below.
iOS 12.0.1 consists of bug repairs and enhancements for your iPhone and iPad. This upgrade:
- Repairs a concern where some iPhone XS gadgets did not right away charge when linked to a Lightning cable television
- Solves a concern that might trigger iPhone XS gadgets to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz rather of 5GHz
- Brings back the initial position of the “.?123” secret on the iPad keyboard
- Repairs a concern where subtitles might not appear in some video apps
- Attends to a concern where Bluetooth might end up being not available
The upgrade ought to be readily available to all users now, and users who have Automatic Updates allowed– a brand-new function in iOS 12– ought to get the upgrade over night if their gadgets are linked to Wi-Fi and a source of power.