You keep in mind America’s Funniest Videos, right? That 90 s homemade video reveal hosted by Bob Saget that primarily included individuals falling and animals doing strange things?
Well, think what? It’s still on ABC, it’s had a multitude of hosts in its life time (presently Alfonso Ribeiro, otherwise referred to as Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), and it still includes individuals falling and animals doing strange things.
And my child believes it’s funny.
I was at first reluctant to let him see it. I didn’t require him getting any concepts about tricks to pull or odd physical tasks to try. As we started seeing it together, however, I discovered myself chuckling right together with him. I will, obviously, never ever tire of seeing individuals slipping and moving around on icy driveways. (I’m quite sure a few of the Lifehacker personnel believes this makes me a jerk, however … it’s amusing.)
What I understood last night, however, while my child was chuckling his method through yet another episode is that AFV is in fact a fantastic method to teach what I like to call “Life Lessons.”
In the episode we were seeing, there was a whole montage of individuals on sleds or bikes encountering things. In one especially foreseeable clip, a kid decreases a snowy hill on a sled … and runs straight into the moron grownup who is standing at the bottom of it. “Well, why would he even stand there?” my child exclaimed through his laughter.
Yes, precisely, child. Do not stand at the bottom of a hill and see individuals sled straight at you! That individual simply found out a Life Lesson.
Other life lessons we have actually gained from AFV:
- If you ever have braces, do not open your mouth while lying facedown on the carpet; you might get stuck.
- Hammocks need to just be hung outdoors and low to the ground.
- Helmets are really essential.
- You need to just get on trampolines that have protective netting around them. (We have actually informed him this, and now he sees why.)
- Feeding squirrels is a bad concept.
- Feeding any animal that is not your animal is a bad concept.
- Do not turn the treadmill accelerate too expensive. (And constantly use the clip that shuts it off in case you stumble.)
- Sledding down stairs? Not a great relocation.
- Never Ever. Stand. On. A. Cabinet.
By the way, I simply invested an actually very long time seeing AFV clips and chuckling hysterically to myself in my empty home. Viewing individuals on a theme park excitement flight get so flipped out that they lose consciousness and after that wake back up and find they’re still on the flight is simply great things.
It begins at 7: 13 You’re welcome. (Fine, I may be a jerk.)
For more from Lifehacker, make sure to follow us on Instagram @lifehackerdotcom